A Support Group for Women Experiencing Loss
Here come the holidays… a special time when you know you’re expected to be “full of good cheer” like everyone else.
But if you’re one of the millions of women dealing with a recent, devastating loss in your life — a family member, close friend or beloved pet, or your job, home, health or relationship — this is the toughest time of year to navigate after a loss.
- Do you feel disoriented, empty, lost and stuck?
- Are you tired of having to deal with your loss and grief alone?
- Are you still feeling sad, and depressed after years of grieving?
- Do you wake up wondering how you will ever be able to move on with your life?
If so, you are not alone.
Bittersweet memories of happier days and time spent with your loved ones can dim the sparkle of the season, rendering it cheerless.
While grief is the universally expected response to loss of any type, few of us allow ourselves the time and space we need to fully grieve in order to feel healed.
No matter the time of year or the circumstance, grieving is part of our life journey. Because there is no right way or length of time to grieve, whatever time and support you need is best for you.
Our group was created to support you while you work through your sacred grief during this emotionally charged time of year, and beyond.
Do you need support in healing your grief? Our small support group offers a safe community within which to begin this healing process.
During four powerful 90-minute weekly group sessions, you’ll:
- Understand and overcome current cultural obstacles to effective grieving
- Use creative tools for processing grief including meditation, journaling, and poetry
- Engage coping skills, resilience, and mindfulness practices
- Release stuck emotions through rituals and movement
- Learn to trust your individual wisdom and that of the group
You don’t have to manage your grief alone, especially during this challenging time of year. Our support group can help you, so give yourself the gift of healthy healing!
Dates: Saturdays at 2 p.m., Nov. 18, Dec. 2, 9, and 16.
Place: 315 West Ponce de Leon Avenue
Fee: Four 90-minute sessions for $125.
I look forward to having you in our group and helping you to heal.
Joyce Dillon, RN, MN, BCC